Monday, February 23, 2015

[IAC#RG] Fwd: Death Threats to RTI Activist Vishwas Bhamburkar

Dear Members

What should we do for this ? Does anyone know where to contact Vishwas ?

Sarbajit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Vishwas Bhamburkar <vishwas@endurolimits.com>
Date: 23 February 2015 at 19:53
Subject: Re: Update - Court Hearing of Mumbai Airport.
To: media@endurolimits.com

And I forgot to add the annexures - the complaint filed with the
Vastrapur Police Station last evening. The email ID of the Police
Station and the Commissioner were wrong, so had to go and deliver the
complaint personally.

And a copy of the precipe I have submitted to the Court today.

Vishwas Bhamburkar

On 23-Feb-2015, at 7:31 pm, Vishwas Bhamburkar <vishwas@endurolimits.com>
wrote:

As you all are aware, I have got these death threats. I decided not to
cow down to them and would take it on my chin, whatever happens.

Without letting anyone know my precise location (something that I'll
probably continue doing) I filed a police complaint last evening at
the Vastrapur Police Station, Ahmedabad and soon thereafter left for
Mumbai. This morning I was in Court and mentioning the matter, I
informed the Court of the threat to my life and asked for an
advancement.

Initially, there was a reluctance on the part of the judges to advance
the date; Justice More even asked me what would happen to me. I
replied that I did not know, not saying that I did not ask those who
had come to threaten me whether they would chop me, behead me, burn me
or shoot me or if they had anything else in mind. Justice More aslo
asked me what would happen??!! I simply said, "I have been told I will
not survive. What happens
then?" That closed the argument and the date of hearing was advanced
to 02.03.2015. I have been instructed to inform the other parties
which I have already done.

There might be a few aces up my sleeve yet; some documents I have got
hold of this time from the Urban Development Department, Government of
Maharashtra. Needless to say, they are related to the Mumbai Airport.

Vishwas Bhamburkar

No comments:

Post a Comment