Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Re: [IAC#RG] Fwd: Death Threats to RTI Activist Vishwas Bhamburkar


On password protections - please consider the options of leaving a sealed packet of existing passwords sent by ordinary airmail or post with another trusted person preferably not an Indian in another State or country with instructions that if you are picked up then they should change the passwords immediately.


On 26 February 2015 at 01:57, Sarbajit Roy <sroy.mb@gmail.com> wrote:
Veeresh

Thanks. Other old time / veteran RTI activists, like Lalit Mohan
Sharma in Delhi are also under threats and have been beaten black and
blue by cops and false FIRs registered using police informers.

I noticed that Vishwas had posted on his Facebook page,
https://www.facebook.com/vishwas.bhamburkar/posts/10152404723467289

This is not enough. So after getting you email I have booked the domain name
HTTP://WIKILEAKS.ORG.IN

IAC shall use this to put up a WIKI where citizens we trust can "leak"
ie. upload their RTI obtained data into public domain.

Alternatively perhaps we shall work out some sort of PASSWORD
encrypted file upload so that if anything happens to IAC's activists
their data is still available. The password shall be technologically
shared with 6 or 8 trustees in a manner that the cops cannot torture
say 2 or 3 of us to extract it or the Controller of Cyber Authoritys
cannot force any single person to decrypt it without a court order.

IACians and RTI activists may give ideas.

Sarbajit

On 2/25/15, Veeresh Malik <veereshmalik@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am filing -
>
> 1) A formal report on this with "Interact with PMO"
> 2) A Public Grievance with MoHA.
> 3) Another Public Grievance with State Govt of MH.
> 4) Doing an article on this variously.
>
> Anything else please?
>
> Best / Veeresh
>
> On 25 February 2015 at 12:51, Sarbajit Roy <sroy.mb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My cell is 08010205897. The other one was disconnected due to crank
>> calls and some issues with Reliance.
>>
>> On 2/25/15, Veeresh Malik <veereshmalik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Please meet each other.
>> >
>> > 9898679997 - VB
>> > 9311448069 - SR
>> >
>> > On 24 February 2015 at 00:24, Sarbajit Roy <sroy.mb@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >> Dear Members
>> >>
>> >> What should we do for this ? Does anyone know where to contact Vishwas
>> >> ?
>> >>
>> >> Sarbajit
>> >>
>> >> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
>> >> From: Vishwas Bhamburkar <vishwas@endurolimits.com>
>> >> Date: 23 February 2015 at 19:53
>> >> Subject: Re: Update - Court Hearing of Mumbai Airport.
>> >> To: media@endurolimits.com
>> >>
>> >> And I forgot to add the annexures - the complaint filed with the
>> >> Vastrapur Police Station last evening. The email ID of the Police
>> >> Station and the Commissioner were wrong, so had to go and deliver the
>> >> complaint personally.
>> >>
>> >> And a copy of the precipe I have submitted to the Court today.
>> >>
>> >> Vishwas Bhamburkar
>> >>
>> >> On 23-Feb-2015, at 7:31 pm, Vishwas Bhamburkar <
>> vishwas@endurolimits.com>
>> >> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> As you all are aware, I have got these death threats. I decided not to
>> >> cow down to them and would take it on my chin, whatever happens.
>> >>
>> >> Without letting anyone know my precise location (something that I'll
>> >> probably continue doing) I filed a police complaint last evening at
>> >> the Vastrapur Police Station, Ahmedabad and soon thereafter left for
>> >> Mumbai. This morning I was in Court and mentioning the matter, I
>> >> informed the Court of the threat to my life and asked for an
>> >> advancement.
>> >>
>> >> Initially, there was a reluctance on the part of the judges to advance
>> >> the date; Justice More even asked me what would happen to me. I
>> >> replied that I did not know, not saying that I did  not ask those who
>> >> had come to threaten me whether they would chop me, behead me, burn me
>> >> or shoot me or if they had anything else in mind. Justice More aslo
>> >> asked me what would happen??!! I simply said, "I have been told I will
>> >> not survive. What happens
>> >> then?" That closed the argument and the date of hearing was advanced
>> >> to 02.03.2015. I have been instructed to inform the other parties
>> >> which I have already done.
>> >>
>> >> There might be a few aces up my sleeve yet; some documents I have got
>> >> hold of this time from the Urban Development Department, Government of
>> >> Maharashtra. Needless to say, they are related to the Mumbai Airport.
>> >>
>> >> Vishwas Bhamburkar
>> >>
>> >> Post: "indiaresists@lists.riseup.net"
>> >> Exit: "indiaresists-unsubscribe@lists.riseup.net"
>> >> Quit: "https://lists.riseup.net/www/signoff/indiaresists"
>> >> Help: https://help.riseup.net/en/list-user
>> >> WWW : http://indiaagainstcorruption.net.in
>> >>
>> >
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment