Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Re: [HumJanenge] PUBLIC GRIEVANCE: Intemperate language used in decisions of the Commission

Dear Gupta ji

Let me state firstly that I do not doubt your commitment to RTI or good governance or welfare of the nation and its citizens etc.. Likewise you should not doubt mine.

I re-reiterate that RTI activists getting killed is not necessarily a bad thing. One cannot make an omelete without breaking a few eggs (or heads)

OTH I am completely against any form of violence being applied to citizens who use RTI process.

On the question of 150 / 250 words. My engagement with the DoPT on this point is purely on legal and technical grounds. Whereas the RTI Act itself does not allow any scope to impose any limit whatsoever on the number of words in the application,  we cannot ignore that the rules for Parliament which framed the law restrict the right to put queries at 150 words. I am duty bound to bring this singular fact to the notice of Govt so that if they impose any ARBITRARY limit like 250 or 500 words (like that corrupt bitch has allegedly negotiated) all my legal remedies are open.

BTW: you would have noticed that my use of the "H word" has come down drastically, so please dont catch that infection from me.

Warmly

Sarbajit

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM, M.K. Gupta <mkgupta100@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Dear Mr. Sarbajit,

 

Before writing this and blaming the IC, I humbly call upon you to remember that you wrote the greater number of RTI activists are killed is better and that you support even the word limit of 150 instead of 250 for an RTI application.  If u have forgotten this, please see your past mails. When I protested about your remarks on the killing of RTI activists in a mail titled "real face of Sarbajit Roy, you reiterated your views.

 

I am some kind of confused retard or not should be decided by other memeber but this kind of exchanges are not good on a blog.  However, I do not criticise each and every bod who is contributing any thing to the cause of RTI, fighting corruption and doing a social service.  I consider myself humble RTI volunteer and not superior of all others in this field. My mission is to propogate RTI tool and not the work for its dillution and I respect all other activists without considering them RTI h*r*m*s.



No comments:

Post a Comment