Thursday, September 22, 2011

Re: [HumJanenge] RTI REPLY - HELP REQUESTED

Sir

I assume that you requested some information from Army under RTI Act in May 2011. It further appears that the information is "third party" information (see sec. 11 of RTI Act) which requires a notice to be sent to the concerned 3rd party seeking his objections if any.

As you have not received any information beyond the initial reply, you must IMMEDIATELY file a "first appeal" (see sec 19 of RTI Act) to the designated / concerned "First Appellate" authority. You are supposed to do this within 75 days of filing your RTI request (since 3rd party is involved).

Sarbajit

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 5:50 PM, satnam singh <colsatnam_61@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
Dear All,

I have been following the mails on RTI quite keenly. 

Can anyone guide me on following:-

I had been seeking some information about an officer from the Indian Army since 
May 2011. I was informed in Jun 2011 that passing on of  the information has to 
concurred by the officer. I waited for more than a month, after the first reply, but 
did not hear from the Army Authorities.

I  have sent five (5) reminders to the Army since then. The Army has not even 
bothered to reply to me after the first letter. Even my reminders have not been acknowledged. It seems the officer has not even bothered to reply to the Army. 
Can he keep mum and get away by hood winking the system? NO SECRET 
INFORMATION has been asked; it is only pertaining to the administrative matters. 

The officer is resisting to part with the information and I have a strong feeling that the system/organisation is unduly protecting him.

Under the circumstances, what are my rights to get the details from the Army. 
Can I go to the court against the Indian Army?

Warm Regards
Satnam

  



No comments:

Post a Comment