Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Re: [rti_india] RTI and Indian citizen abroad


The converse is also true.
Indian Citizens based in India, can also file RTI's with High Commissions / Embassies / Consulates located abroad, by paying the application fee by way of IPO's and other prescribed modes of payment.


--- On Wed, 4/21/10, sarbajit roy <> wrote:

From: sarbajit roy <>
Subject: Re: [rti_india] RTI and Indian citizen abroad

Insofar as your "important issue" is concerned it is a non-issue. The
fees / further fees have to be paid in Indian currency only as per the
prescribed rules. If an Indian citizen abroad wishes to file an RTI he
can do so on India territory at the Embassy / Consulate where INR is
legal tender.

Recent Activity:


No comments:

Post a Comment