Wednesday, March 24, 2010

[rti_india] Re: Postal Order Vs Cout Fee Stamp in RTIs

 

Hi,

Thanks for everybody's response.

I will take the suggetions of Dr Arun and Sanju.

In fact Sanju has already solved the problem in a wonderful way. In his words :

===============================

In my RTIs I leave the address field blank and in the application include some statement like 'Attached is the Postal order, number XXXXXXX. Since I am not sure of the designation of the appropriate CPIO, I have left the address blank in the Postal order. The application may be kindly be addressed to the designated PIO".

It has worked without hassles till now.

Sanju

===========================================

This is a great learning for me. Thanks everybody.

Niladri

--- In rti_india@yahoogroups.com, "Arun" <arun_agrawal@...> wrote:
>
>
> Postal Orders are most convenient forms of payment for such applications
> .Regretfully, most of the PAs do not specify in whose favour such IPOs
> are tobe made out .
> Recently I sent a query to Passport Office, Ghaziabad , making the IPO
> payable toPIO, Passport Officer
> This was returned ( thankfully ! ) with the remarks, some 21 days later,
> that theIPO be made payable to Passport Officer .
> I feel that the best way to get around this problem is not to specify
> the payee's nameon the IPO
> Dr Arun Agrawal
>
>
> --- In rti_india@yahoogroups.com, "niladri_shekhar_das_in"
> <niladri_shekhar_das_in@> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Members,
> >
> > A simple question. Can we use Court Fee Stamps in all RTIs instead of
> Postal Orders.
> >
> > The reason why I am asking this question is that my RTI to WCD was
> returned back as the Postal Order was addressed to "Public Information
> Officer, Ministry of Women and Child Development".
> >
> > They requested me to resend the RTI with a Postal Order addressed to
> "Pay and Accounts Officer, Ministry of Women and Child Development".
> >
> > Could I have avoided this hassle, by using a 10/- Court Fee Stamp at
> the very first instance.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Niladri
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment