Friday, March 12, 2010

Re: [rti_india] Request for help

 

Dear Friends,

This is a recent case of threat to an activist working on RTI issues in
Darrang district of Assam.Do keep note and help in whatever way you can.

Threat to RTI Activists Mr.Mati Ram Nath

Sir/Madam,

I am Mati Ram Nath aged: 40years hailing from Garoimara village under
Sipajhar Police Station of Darrang Dist. of Assam. My occupation is
cultivation.

Since January 2006 I have submitted more then 300 RTI application in
different Govt. departments held hearing at Chief information Commissioner,
many illegally appoint teachers were terminated due to my RTI application; I
got many threatening from various stakeholders like Govt. employees,
contractors, politicians etc. Still then I am continuing my activities i.e.
RTI application submission, awareness creation among the villagers on it.

Mr. Arvind Kejriwal from Public Research Cause gave me the appreciation
certificate for my work in the month of December2009.

On 11.03.2010 at 7-15PM two unidentified youth came to my residence and
called out for me shouting Mati, Mati. At that time I was not at my
residence. My wife with my 10 year daughter came out from my house and said
that I was not in the house and requested them to sit. Both the youth
covered their face with black cloth and my wife saw a weapon, like pistol
with the youths. The youths did not seat and went out saying that Mati was
creating trouble for them by applying RTI at education department and DRDA
etc. He was dangerous for them etc. etc. My wife rushed to them but
immediately the youth left the place on bike. Now my wife and daughter are
very scared. I have already submitted FIR at Sipajhar police station.

Earlier more then 4 times I was threatened. In the month of November/09
poison was spread in my fishery and I suffered a loss of Rs.60, 000. Four
DRDA contractors gave threatening by shouting in the month of December 2008.
Two illegally appointed primary teachers and one of their associate gave
threatening at my residence in the year 2007

I need help and suggestions from organizations, individuals who are
involved with RTI awareness movement -now what I may do.

Mati Ram Nath and Mrs.Tarali Devi,Wife of Mati Ram Nath

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment