Tuesday, December 29, 2009

[rti_india] Re: Remedy in case request for voluntary declaration under sec 4(1)(b) not accep


You can file complaint under section 18(f) to the CIC, section 4(1)b doesn't require any fee to be paid. It should be given free of cost or at such cost of the medium or the print cost as may be prescribed.
In Karnataka KIC has fixed cost as Re.1/- per page for section 4(1)b information per page.
With regards,

--- In rti_india@yahoogroups.com, "Kapil Chawla" <kapilchawlaml@...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I had requested for voluntary declaration under sec 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act 2005 from Assistant Commissioner, Civil Lines Zone, MCD (Who is also Nodal Officer for RTI purpose). No where in my request I had mentioned that the letter was RTI application.
> The APIO under his office sent me letter stating that my application could not be entertained as I have not paid the fees.
> I understand that voluntary declaration under sec 4(1)(b) should be provided free of cost.
> Now what remedy do I have?
> Regards,
> Kapil Chawla



No comments:

Post a Comment